Law Firm Social Media & Blog Marketing
Social Media Engagement & Blogging For Law Firms
Having a well optimized website enhances your firm’s visibility to potential clients. However, if your firm’s online marketing strategy focuses exclusively on search engine marketing you’re failing to take advantage of the social media revolution which has led to a significant change in consumer behavior. Blogs and social media activity each account for one third to over half of the online activity taking place. In order effectively navigate this space your firm needs a comprehensive social media strategy that is far more than an infrequently updated blog and an empty Facebook™ page. Let our law firm social media & blog experts help your firm today.
MileMark Media™ Social Media Visibility can help your firm:
- Build an online persona
- Establish thought leadership
- Boost networking potential
- Expand its online presence
Leverage Our Legal Marketing Experience
Your expertise is practicing law—the day to day operations of your law firm– ours is legal marketing. Let our team help promote your firm’s unique abilities and build your brand through a comprehensive social media strategy that includes attorney authored blog content and exposure on top social media sites.
Partner with our team to develop your blog and profiles on major social sites, including Facebook, Twitter®, LinkedIn, and up to 100 other sites. A regularly updated blog allows your firm to highlight your legal expertise, strengthen professional networks, develop customer relationships and convert leads to clients.
With MileMark Media™ Social Media, you’ll get:
- Social Media Setup to engage potential client. Our team will set up your firm’s Facebook, Twitter and LinkedIn with feeds to your blog.
- Blogs that communicates your firm’s message effectively.
- Attorney authored content. Partner with our team to develop a blog content plan on your practice area and geographic focus. We will write blogs on a weekly or b-weekly basis.
- Submission to Blog Directories that improves your blog’s exposure to searchers. We’ll submit your blog to legal blog lists and key blog directories.
- Improve your firm’s chances of attracting prospective clients through your blog and top social media sites.
- Establish your law firm as a respected source for information related to a specific practice area.
- Promote your firm to those prospects currently not aware of your services driving more traffic to your website and generating more leads.
How Often Should I Blog?
Blogging is a powerful tactic and should be part your digital marketing campaign, there is always something to blog about. Blogging topics for your law firm marketing campaign can cover legal news, FAQs, firm news, change in laws, case results, and more. Whether you are generating blog ideas, have written posts ready to go, or haven’t even started the process, you may wonder how often to post. A general rule is at least a couple times per month, weekly being better. If you can average one blog post a week that is great.
Blogging, if done correctly with a content strategy, offers fresh content to users and search engines. It tells Google you are constantly offering new content, whether that be weekly or monthly. If the content is engaging enough and you post it to your social media channels, you have a good chance of increasing your engagement, traffic and eventually leads/sales.
What Makes Good Legal Content?
Legal content can prove more difficult than some other industries, but there is plenty of room to be creative and unique. The goal of engaging content is to appeal to as many people as possible, and prove some value to that audience. With this in mind here are some possibilities for content topics:
- Current events
- Changes in law relevant to the widest audience possible
- Celebrity legal news
- Law firm media/press
- Community Service
Of course you also want fresh content related to your areas of practice, but these topics are more general and can be applied to almost any law firm. You rarely can go wrong posting new content, aim to do it as often as possible and try to stay creative. Over time you will see traffic, engagement and hopefully leads trend upward.
How Do I Market My Law Firm On Social Media?
A growing trend in the current marketing landscape is social media marketing. So how do you market your law firm on social media? Follow some of our steps below to begin your law firm social media marketing campaign.
- Create or claim all relevant profiles out there for your law firm – Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, LinkedIn
- Correct the information in these profiles to match your current business info, make sure the website matches exactly as well
- Add current photos of the law firm logos, attorneys, staff, building, and any other relevant photography
- Make sure the website link and any other profile links are filled out and correct
- Follow other relevant users on all social media channels
- Engage your followers with a content strategy
The last step is the hardest one, it requires planning and unique, quality content. Once you have your profiles established you have to regularly post content and engage users, it is the best way to gain new followers and interact with your current ones. One of the easiest ways to do this is blogging on your website. If you can generate some good blog ideas relevant to your business, have them written and posted to the website. Then take those posts and syndicate them across all your social media channels. The more engaging the blog post, the better it will do across your channels. You are also now increasing your brand presence and establishing yourself as an industry leader.
Contact Our Law Firm Social Media & Blogging Experts
A robust blogging and social media program can enhance your firm’s organic & local search results and expand your visibility in the fastest growing online segment—social media channels. Let our highly skilled team of attorney authors and law firm social media experts help your firm maximize its marketing potential by creating a dynamic social media presence that’s noticeable, trustworthy and engaging.