Lawyer Website Hosting
You have a number of lawyer website hosting options when launching a new website. A quick Google search will turn up hundreds of possible companies and that alone can be overwhelming, particularly if you do not know what to look for. You will have to take many factors into consideration, and some of these are more technical than others. Below are the biggest factors you should consider when choosing a hosting provider.
What is Lawyer Website Hosting?
All websites need a host, which is essentially where the website lives. Hosting providers have many large servers in which they store websites, along with all the code that allows sites to operate. When choosing a lawyer website hosting package, you can choose from a number of options including shared servers, dedicated servers, and virtual private servers (VPS).
Shared hosting is very cost-effective, and is sometimes suitable for small to medium-sized firms. When choosing a lawyer website hosting company, it is important to consider all their packages, what they offer, and how the prices of those packages fit into your budget.
Factors to Consider when Choosing a Host
There are a number of factors to consider when choosing lawyer website hosting, and it is sometimes difficult to determine which factors are most important. Some of the main factors to consider are as follows:
- Server uptime: Uptime refers to the amount of time your website is up and running. If your site is down, no one can access it and therefore, they cannot reach you. Look for a host that offers 99 percent uptime. Anything less than that is unacceptable.
- Backup: New malware and viruses are coming out every day and they all put your website at risk. Your host should provide a rolling backup of all content on your blog, including recent changes, so you do not lose everything if your website gets attacked.
- Security: Having a backup is useful if your website gets hacked, but you also want to prevent that from happening. For this, your lawyer website hosting provider should have strong security measures in place.
- Good customer support: If something goes wrong with your website, such as if it suddenly shuts down, you need to know your host will respond quickly. The only way they can do that is if they provide good customer support, which means your host should not only be accessible, but also have good technical know-how to help you.
- Bandwidth allocation: The amount of bandwidth your site has will affect the network, speed, connectivity, and systems of the provider. You should choose a hosting provider that offers scalable solutions to ensure you get the bandwidth you need.
Call Our Legal Website Hosting Experts Today
When you need a website that is as functional as it is professional, our lawyer website hosting experts at MileMark Media can provide it. We know what it takes to ensure your website launch is a smooth one, and how to keep your site up and running and free of viruses. Call us today at 866-598-6235 or fill out our online form to schedule a meeting and to learn more.