Lawyer Website Audit
You launched a website so you could expand your reach to qualified leads, in the hopes that they would convert into clients. Unfortunately, many times lawyers realize their website is not performing as they would like, but they do not know why. Other times, lawyers do not know how their website is performing at all.
Eventually, these law firms are surprised to learn that their website is not reaching users, or that the majority of visitors are bouncing, or leaving after seeing just one page. Regardless of how well you know your website, it is important to perform a lawyer website audit periodically so it will always perform its best.
What Does a Lawyer Website Audit Entail?
When conducting a comprehensive lawyer website audit, we examine your site from both a user and search engine perspective. Our website audits consist of checking the following:
- Content that uses description and title tags effectively
- Images and links that include alt tags
- The sizes of images on the page
- Verification that all links are still working
- Identifying anchor texts, or the lack of, for links
- Identifying all broken links
- Examining the architecture of the website
- Determining how much pages of content are on your site
- Determining how long your website takes to load
- Checking for duplicate pages
- Reviewing incoming links
- Finding errors, including 404 pages
- Determining if content pages have proper headings
- Finding the sitemap to determine the effectiveness of its construction
- Determining how easy it is for search engine bots to crawl your site
After conducting the audit, we will then prepare a report containing all of our findings. The report will allow you to see how your website is performing, the elements that are currently working, and those that need some improvement.
A Focus on SEO and More
Many lawyers want to increase their rankings within the search engine and they think SEO is the only way to do it. It is true that effective SEO tactics can help boost the ranking of your site, but there is so much to it as well. During your lawyer website audit, we will not only identify the structural issues that exist, such as links that do not work, but also the analytics of your site.
Through the analytics, we will determine the average amount of time users spend on your site, the average number of pages that are viewed when visitors reach your site, and your bounce rate. We will also pull other statistics from your site that will give you a clearer picture of how to increase traffic and convert more leads into clients.
Call for Your Legal Website Audit Today
Regardless of how long you have had a website for, or how well you think it is performing, conducting a lawyer website audit regularly is important. At MileMark Media, our marketing team knows what to look for when conducting your audit and will always provide you with the information you need to improve it. Call us at 866-598-6235 or fill out our online form to schedule your audit today.