How to Respond to a 1-Star Review About Your Law Firm
The next time you get an email from google reminding you “You’ve got a new review!!”. It can be a scary moment opening it up to see what rating the reviewer left.
If someone has left a 1-Star review for your law firm there are a few steps you should take. Responding to negative reviews in the right way can help turn a negative experience into a positive one for the customer and show potential customers that your business values customer feedback. Here are some tips on how to respond to a negative review.
- If it is from a former client you should immediately direct the conversation to a private phone call or email address
- Remember you are writing for all future potential clients reading this 1 star review, a light deflection/denial may be ok, but stop yourself from getting into an argument or nasty comments which can be seen by everyone.
- Keep it professional: It’s important to stay professional in your response, even if the review is harsh or unfair. Avoid getting defensive or attacking the customer. This will only escalate the situation and make the business look bad.
- If possible, offer a solution to the customer’s issue. This could be in the form of a discount, a refund, or a free service. This shows that the business is willing to go above and beyond to make things right and improve the customer’s experience.
- After responding to the review, follow up with the customer to make sure their issue has been resolved. This shows that the business is committed to providing excellent customer service and that the customer’s feedback is valued.
Responding to negative reviews in the right way can help turn a negative experience into a positive one for the customer and show potential customers that your business values customer feedback.
We are equipped to help you implement a custom law firm marketing strategy for your firm. Contact us today to discover your personalized legal marketing plan. You can reach us by phone at 866-598-6235 or through our contact form to get started.